Last updated July 01, 2019
My name is Sergey Markin ("I", "me", "my" or "mine") and you are visiting my personal website sergemarkin.com. I am committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about my policy, or my practices with regards to your personal information, please contact me at [email protected].
Table of contents
- 1. What information do I collect?
- 2. How do I use your information?
- 3. Will your information be shared with anyone?
- 4. Who will your information be shared with?
- 6. How long do I keep your information?
- 7. How do I keep your information safe?
- 8. Do I collect information from minors?
- 9. What are your privacy rights?
- 10. Controls for do-not-track features
- 11. Do california residents have specific privacy rights?
- 12. Do I make updates to this policy?
- 13. How can you contact me about this policy?
1. What information do I collect?
1.1. Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit my Sites.
I automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Sites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use my Sites and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of my Sites, and for my internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, I also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
1.2. Information collected from other sources
In Short: I may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, and other outside sources.
I may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information I receive from other sources include: social media profile information; marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
2. How do I use your information?
In Short: I process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of my contract with you, compliance with my legal obligations, and/or your consent.
I use personal information collected via my Sites for a variety of business purposes described below. I process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on my legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with my legal obligations. I indicate the specific processing grounds I rely on next to each purpose listed below.
I use the information I collect or receive:
- To protect my Sites. I may use your information as part of my efforts to keep my Sites safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- For other Business Purposes. I may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of my promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve my Sites, products, services, marketing and your experience.
3. Will your information be shared with anyone?
In Short: I only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
I may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: I may process your data if you have given me specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: I may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve my legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where I have entered into a contract with you, I may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: I may disclose your information where I am legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: I may disclose your information where I believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of my policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which I am involved.
More specifically, I may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. I may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for me or on my behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. I may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, I do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. I may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of business assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of my business to another owner.
4. Who will your information be shared with?
In Short: I only share information with the following third parties.
I only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. I have categorized each party so that you may be easily understand the purpose of my data collection and processing practices. If I have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact me.
- Content Optimization
YouTube video embed
- Traffic optimization and distribution
- Web and Mobile Analytics
6. How long do I keep your information?
7. How do I keep your information safe?
I have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information I process. However, please also remember that I cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although I will do my best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from my Sites is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
8. Do I collect information from minors?
I do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Sites, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Sites. If I learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, I will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data I have collected from children under age 18, please contact me at [email protected].
9. What are your privacy rights?
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. I will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If I am relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe I am unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.
10. Controls for Do-Not-Track features
11. Do california residents have specific privacy rights?
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits my users who are California residents to request and obtain from me, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) I disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which I shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to me using the contact information provided below.
12. Do I make updates to this policy?
13. How can you contact me about this policy?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email me at [email protected].